romeosolo: (Default)
[personal profile] romeosolo
Just a reminder, single people under age 51 who made less than 57k a year can use one of the free e-file software links below from the website.

Date: 2010-02-02 01:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Yeah. Frustratingly, I haven't yet found any that will do them for non-residents. (Probably because we don't actually have to pay taxes, so whatever perks they get for offering free filing, they may not get for us.) But whatever the reason, it's grrr...

I don't suppose you've come across any that will file for non-residents, have you?

Date: 2010-02-02 02:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Sadly no, but you do own property in the states, so I can just imagine the headache you go through.

Date: 2010-02-02 03:00 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Yeah, fun fun...

Oh, on an entirely unrelated note, I keep periodically coming back to the computer only to find you've actually popped on IRC but I missed you. :( Just wanted to say I wasn't ignoring you, just really bad luck on timing.

Date: 2010-02-02 05:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
I've been in the same pickle. I got the okay from hubby to hire an accountant with experience in these matters to straighten it out once we're back states side. So, I'm not going to sweat it until then.

I know that non-residents 'should' file. I know that we get an exemption... like if we don't make more than $80K USD, we won't have to pay anything. And that our only penalty for not filing is... interest on the taxes that would have been overdue. I want to do the right thing and file, but there's not any published guidelines for what constitutes proof of pay, since it probably varies from country-to-country of residence. It's very frustrating, in that sense, when you want to do the right thing.

Though, I was very impressed with the support I got to vote, by contrast.


romeosolo: (Default)

September 2010


Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 03:15 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios